Poems and Photos by Peggy Goetz

Saturday, March 3, 2012

March 3: C

Photo: Argentina, northern Patagonia, January 2012



Coastal Cliffs

I can see so far from the clifftop
an endless view all the way to the 
curved horizon, endless possibilities
for what is out there. I love the 
coastal cliffs that call me to the future.

But this cliff is also a place
of endings, the end of land,
the end of life on the craggy
rocks below. They call me
not to a future.

Context. The meaning is
in the context of she who
speaks, she who hears and
she who sees. Context.

3 comments:

  1. I love how you are doing all poems from your recent trip. You will have quite a collection when March is finished, Peggy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughtful, deep and lovely all at once, Peggy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, Peggy. Love the ending! It's all in how we see things. Lovely first stanza that goes with the photo so well and is so peaceeful but the second one wakes me up!

    ReplyDelete